Developing a Hearing Portal for Ballerup Kommune
Novataris has developed the first phase of a digital hearing portal that makes it easy for Ballerup Kommune to communicate with their consulting partners as well as create, answer and process hearings in an easy and efficient way.
- Until now Ballerup Kommune’s internal and external consultation process has been manually driven which can be a highly time demanding process.
- In the first phase, Ballerup Kommune needs a MVP (Minimum Viable Product) that focuses on internal hearings. In other words, they need a smaller part of the overall functionality of a complete hearing portal embracing all types of consultations for the purpose of verifying and demonstrating the feasibility and practical potential of the full solution.
- The solution is subject to OS2 licensing requirements, which includes the use of free software, Open Source and Open Content.
- Novataris has developed a full MVP solution for Ballerup Kommune, which is user-friendly and allows employees to set up consultations internally related for staff.
- Ballerup Kommune’s internal digital hearing system is developed with the goal to enable other than Ballerup Kommune to utilize the solution and is therefore created with easy adaptation to individual needs.
- The solution is furthermore developed in order to get more municipalities to participate in a joint development collaboration through OS2 – Public Digitization Community. It is therefore based on .Net Core with Docker for independent platform implementation.
- With an automated internal consultation process, Ballerup Kommune is able to save a significant amount of time on tasks associated with the creation and finishing of hearings.
- In addition, those who answer hearings have an improved overview of the hearings that are in process.
- Moreover, automation of data handling makes it easier for Ballerup Kommune to be GDPR compliant, as the solution is designed with full consideration to process support and logging in order to meet the requirements for personal data protection.
- Ballerup Kommune now has a strong foundation for emphasizing the value of a digital consultation portal and thus engage additional municipalities to contribute to the realization of a full digitized solution.
"With an automated internal consultation process, Ballerup Kommune is able to save a significant amount of time on tasks associated with the creation and finishing of hearings."
Full MVP for internal hearings
Novataris has provided a full MVP solution for Ballerup Kommune based on their needs. This means that the focus has been on building a solution that is user-friendly and allows internal employees to create employee hearings that are internally related.
- The consultation system is designed with modularity in mind:
This means that each module is built with the purpose of enabling adaption to different needs in various municipalities that wish to make use of the solution.
Ballerup Kommune’s digital internal consultation system is thus delivered as a standard system that can be easily adapted to other subcomponents, which means that it is possible to replace idP (a system unit that creates, maintains and manages identity information) and their ESDH (Electronic case and document management – In danish: Elektronisk sags- og dokumenthåndtering).
- The solution needed to be developed in order to get more municipalities to contribute to further joint development collaboration through OS2 – Public Digitization Community:
OS2 facilitates innovation and collaboration in developing solutions that can be used across public institutions as well as reduce development and maintenance costs.
This means that the solution is built in accordance with OS2’s (Public Digitization Community) requirements of utilizing free software, Open Source and Open Content, where the license terms allow full code sharing. In addition, the solution is built on .Net Core and hosted on Linux in accordance with Ballerup’s IT strategy of using free products.
About Ballerup Kommune: Strong common solutions and low costs
Ballerup Kommune supports the OS2 collaboration and thus OS2’s vision of promoting public ownership of digital development and create value for citizens with strong digital solutions at low cost. Thus, the municipality supports cross-municipal collaboration, where people act in concert and benefit from each other.
Initially, Ballerup Kommune needed a MVP (Minimum Viable Product), which focuses on internal consultations.
A need for a solution that meets OS2 – Public Digitization Community
In order to achieve cross-municipal collaboration it was important for Ballerup Kommune to clarify how other municipalities, with the same need, can benefit financially from a digitized consultation portal. This means that the MVP need to provide an incentive for other municipalities to jointly contribute to financing and realizing a fully digitalized solution for consultation systems. This is also why the system is named OS2Agora.
The solution therefore needed to be developed in accordance with the requirements from OS2. OS2 is a public digitization community that develops and creates innovation through active participation and sharing of results with others. The community thus promotes public ownership of digital development and thereby create value for citizens. This means that the solution must support the OS2 licensing requirements, including the requirement of using free software (Open Source and Open Content) so that interested municipalities are able to utilize the same good features and the same strong infrastructure.