GateHouse Logistics A/S
Moving Big Data Solution to AWS
Logistic companies across Europe operate using many different types of trucks, with each brand having different GPS system and technology. GateHouse Logistics needed a cloud solution that enables them to aggregate the hundreds of thousands of streams of data from all the different tracking systems, from the many different transport companies and then supply these as one data stream in their unified GateHouse Logistics format. With GateHouse Logistics' new solution they offer their customers an overview across all different telematics systems enabling real-time tracking across all transports and all their carriers.
- GateHouse Logistics wanted to further improve operational efficiency and simplify the process of sharing tracking information from hauliers to their customers.
- GateHouse Logistics needed to merge everything into the cloud to get a product that is fully scalable and easy to maintain.
- The old solution required manual onboarding, making the registration process difficult and time consuming for hauliers.
- By unifying data from hundreds of different tracking systems, the new solution provides full transparency and visibility throughout the entire supply chain.
- The solution is built with an eye for scalability to ensure that it can handle the massive stream of data being delivered to them for redistribution.
- GateHouse Logistics now has a new online, self-service portal, making onboarding of new hauliers smooth.
- GateHouse Logistics is now prepared for the future, as the solution can scale in accordance with their increasing needs.
- GateHouse Logistics has one unified logistic tracking system and a solution that is far more attractive to their customers - Sharing data with customers has never been easier. A haulier can easily sign up and share tracking data with companies ordering transportation from them.
GateHouse Logistics is now prepared for the future, as the solution can scale in accordance with their increasing needs.
GateHouse Logistics can now collect and distribute streams of GPS data in one solution
Novataris has assisted GateHouse Logistics with development of a scalable and fully managed application for processing and distributing streams of continuous data.
- GateHouse Logistics now has a solution that is easy to update and maintain.
- The system provides GateHouse Logistics with the ability to collect all GPS data in one solution.
- It also provides GateHouse Logistics with an increased level of control. Data is directly available to carriers and their clients with strict governance and security in a multi-customer solution.
- The solution is built upon NoSQL databases with a layer of caching for extreme performance and the existing device drivers have been mounted as Docker images, for on-demand orchestration and scaling.
- Furthermore, a new self-service portal has been developed to allow onboarding of new hauilers, greatly reducing the load on customer service.
GateHouse Logistics A/S - Providing tracking solutions to the transportation industry
GateHouse Logistics is an expanding international company delivering transparency and visibility throughout the entire supply chain of logistics. They are leading experts in integrating tracking-information for transport companies’ GPS and telematics systems using their ghTrack® services. GateHouse Logistics unifies all the tracking data to provide their customers with real-time information and ensure a 360-degree overview of their shipments.
With the vision of further improving operational efficiency and simplifying the process of sharing tracking information from haulers to their customers, GateHouse Logistics wants to optimize their current product to be fully scalable and easy to maintain.
GateHouse Logistics needed a new telemetric data exchange solution which could replace all their existing tailor-made solutions
Instead of having one solution for each customer, GateHouse Logistics wanted to merge everything into the cloud on AWS to greatly increase maintainability and ensure that the solution can scale in accordance with their future needs. The solution should be built from scratch, where every decision from framework to programming language was decided in collaboration with GateHouse Logistics. This was done with an eye for performance and scalability to ensure that the solution can handle the massive streams of data being delivered to them for redistribution.
Additionally, the more than 400+ existing battle-proven device drivers, responsible for the first layer of data streams processing, should be reused in the new solution. Therefore, a framework that can support the current code-language and scale nicely, was integrated into the solution to save development overhead.