Novataris – a long term trusted IT partner for Steward Energy
Novataris has delivered data strategy design and execution, a full-scale enterprise data warehouse platform, a customer master data application tailored for Steward Energy and an advanced planning application that integrated drilling schedule with land and obligation data to calculate the effects of changes in real-time. Through continual delivery of high-quality solutions, Novataris has become a trusted IT partner for Steward Energy.
- Steward Energy has experienced rapid growth in their operations and have been struggling to keep up with renewing IT systems and solutions to take advantage of digital process automations and build a solid data strategy for collecting and analyzing all their valuable data.
- Novataris has built solutions for Steward Energy and been their trusted IT partner for more than a year now and continue to strengthen the relationship, helping to solve complex problems in land, engineering, finance and geology.
- Novataris has developed a data platform and applications to help support and digitalize business processes to increase efficiency and drive better decisions.
- Steward Energy now has a central data platform that collects data across the organization for easy access to analyze and for reporting.
- A master data application helped support very high data quality and consistency and intuitive, interactive dashboards provide a quick overview and easy access to specific details for troubleshooting.
- Finally, land is now able to explore obligations and drilling schedule changes in real time with their new land application, even applying CDCs to automatically calculate effective expiration dates.
“I am constantly impressed by their ability to deliver at that time and speed. They have definitely added value to our business”
Scott Stedman, SVP - Acquisition & Divestitures
Novataris has delivered a data & analytics platform and an advanced land planning application for Steward Energy
Novataris designed and built a data platform that gathers data from: IHS FieldDirect (operations), Frac sheets, P2 Bolo (finance), Type curves, Surveys and Forecast data.
The data platform is organized as a data hub where sources are tied together through wells, dates, property and more. The platform provides users easy access to navigate and explore data, see patterns and trends across data sources.
Novataris also built a master data application for Steward Energy to manage core data about their business and increase overall quality of data about wells. This provided a means to register valuable data such as e.g. API, locations and lateral length which is not always accurately or consistently captured in other source systems.
Novataris developed a data analytics solution using Power BI to provide interactive dashboards that provided the ability for Steward to gain a quick overview of all operations and quickly “drill down” to individual details of a single well (e.g. GOR, PIP, BOPD) and compare 2 wells against each other.
Finally, Novataris and Steward Energy, in collaboration, designed a land planning application using data automatically integrated from iLandman and the drilling schedule to combine and create an application that, in real-time, can provide an overview of leases that will expire, calculate mineral interest loss of acres on individual contracts. Steward Energy can make schedule changes on the fly and see the consequences in terms of lease obligations immediately. The application contains a complex rules engine to handle lease obligations and can even handle continuous drilling clauses (CDCs).